Thursday, 2 September 2010

Finally, first goal - introducing Midnight Lily!

Yay, here it is at long last, my first proper goal for this blog, a whole month in the making but made with sooo much love and care, my second Tigertail necklace!



The beadies used include peacock mix seeds (think that's what the colours are called) many purple and lilac ones, and gemstone chips - onyx, smoky quartz and the dark blue hearts are blue goldstone! The calla lily dangle is acrylic and if I had more of those lilac hearts I'd make some matching earrings as I have more lilies left.

Woo hoo! I am so excited lol. Because on seeing this piece last night a friend of mine commissioned me to make her a similar piece... pretty much my first proper commission, once I get brave enough with crimps!:-D Well I am a little nervous too lol, though she said there is no rush. Phew. I do think I need a little more time practising first.

So that's it for today, I shall have to think about my next goal now and should be quicker in making that, fingers crossed!

2 comments:

thecrimsonmoon said...

Ooh this is beautiful Marie! I love the colours and you've put it together brilliantly :)

And well done on the commission!

Sarah said...

That's gorgeous & well done on the commission!