Wednesday 13 October 2010

Wednesday's Wear It Or Frog It

Today I found this pretty peacock feather bracelet that I made several years ago. The design was in an early issue of Beads & Beyond magazine, I fell in love with it straight away and just had to make it!

The pattern used cylinder beads and tiny size 15 seeds and although I'd already started my obsession with beadweaving by then, I only had size 11 beads in my stash. So that was the one and only time that I bought all the beads in the exact colours needed.

The cost of the beads plus the fact that I'd used a sterling silver clasp for the first time meant that I never wore it because I was afraid I'd lose it!! Of course I'll happily spend all my money on beads now, how times change! Definitely not one to frog, I'm going to be wearing this piece from now on ;)

7 comments:

DVArtist said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the design.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lois Moon said...

So gorgeous. Do you remember what B&B issue the pattern is from? I would love to find it and make myself one.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Lois, I've just checked and it was issue 4, this design is on the cover :)

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Please please wear it. It´s so so beautiful and special!!!!

Sarah said...

Liz, that is so beautiful! I am glad you will be wearing it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, that's a really beautiful treasure to rediscover!:-) I've never read Beads and Beyond, great to see they do beadweaving designs though!

SallyAnderson said...

WOW! That is gorgeous and worth whatever you spent on it. I hope you wear it often!
SallyA