Saturday 7 May 2011

Free Tutorial - Something out of Nothing Lariat

Earlier this week Clair from Obstinate Pursuit posted some lovely cards made from little bits and pieces and it reminded me of how much I enjoy making something out of practically nothing. I rummaged through my bead stash and came up with a length of brass chain, some jump rings and 10 purple dagger beads, not a lot really. I had a play about and came up with this simple lariat.



You will need approximately 1 metre of decorative chain, 10 jump rings to match and 10 dagger beads.


Using 2 pairs of pliers open a jump ring sideways and add a dagger bead.














Attach to the bottom link of one side of the chain.














Repeat up the chain, alternating the sides that you attach the jump rings to.















Repeat for the other end of the chain, tie an overhand knot and you are done!






Don't forget to add a photo to our Flickr pool if you make this project (link up on the right).






Happy beading!






Sarahx

2 comments:

Clair said...

This is awesome - so glad that you managed to find a little inspiration from my blog. Love it!

PS. It looks like I'm not the only one having Blogger formatting problems!?!

Sarah said...

Thanks Clair! Ugh it's driving me nuts and it's a different problem ever time I post, one day no spacing at all between paragraphs, then loads! I will try to fix it when I have a bit moretime & patience, up to the eyeballs at the mo, lol.