Saturday 17 December 2011

Beadalong Progress - Week 8

Two beautiful completed projects to share with you this week!
Gloria has completed her fabulous necklace, "Finished at last! As I said in an earlier post; component based designs are difficult for me but I am happy that I finished this one. This will be winging its way into my sister’s xmas stocking – hope she likes it! Thanks for sticking with me."


Catherine has made her second gorgeous Stargazer Bracelet "I'm so pleased to say I completed the second version of 'Stargazer' by Laura McCabe in my own colours. This was begun at the class I took in September, and was put on hold while I made the kit version in blue/silver/purple. I opted to make a straight strip of units rather than the more complex initial version, as suggested by Jo Prowse. In the delicas and 15s I chose, all Miyuki brand, I found the units worked up very slightly smaller, so I needed a little more length at the end in the attaching loops of charlottes. It is a bit snugger fitting than the original, but very comfortable to wear."



Well done to everyone who completed their goals! I will try harder next time, I promise!

That's it for this beadalong but I'm sure that we will organise another sometime next year.

Happy beading,

Sarahx

1 comment:

Peapod Beads said...

It was fun taking part and I'm sure the added impetus of reporting progress kept me from leaving these as UFOs