Friday 2 April 2010

Hello and my 1st goal

First of all, thank you very much to Sarah for having me! Well I think I should start by introducing myself. My name is Liz and I live in Monmouthshire, South Wales, with my family and three young cats, Thomas, Willow and Tabitha. I love creating with different crafts but my big passion is beading, which I've been doing for about 6 years now.

When I reorganised my beads recently I found a lot of packets and boxes of beads that I haven't even opened and used yet. Why do I have so many beads? Because I love them and can't resist buying them! My problem is that rather than buy just the beads I need for a project, I'll happily fill my online basket with all sorts of goodies just because they're pretty. It's the same with books and magazines, I buy them and look through them for inspiration but rarely do any of the projects inside.

The time has come to do something about it and I was really pleased to find that Sarah has set up this blog to do just that. My two goals are to make use of those unused beads - even using some from the pack will mean that they were worth buying in the first place - and also to get more out of my growing collection of beading books and magazines. I'm aiming to recreate at least one project from each magazine, hopefully more.

Here's where I keep my beads, divided by colour into separate drawers. Believe me, I've never been this organised before! I hope it lasts, I can find things so much quicker now.



My first goal is to use these beautiful size 15 Toho seed beads which I bought a long time ago and have yet to use. They're a gorgeous deep blue, called Metallic Navy Iris, and it's such a shame that they've just been lanquishing in the drawer all this time. I've decided to use them in a bracelet that I want to make for my sister and I'll post the result here very soon!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Finally, some one who has more blue seed beads than me, lol! I'm so glad you joined us, I can't wait to see your sister's bracelet, those beads are gorgeous!

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Liz, welcome again to you this morning, very good to see you! Just gorgeous shade of blue beads! I can't wait to see the bracelet you make for your sister from these beauties!
I have to say you even have more blue beads then I do to. lol I really like how you have them organized in those containers. It makes it so much easier to see everything you have and have ready access to them to! Very nice! I hope that you have a wonderful day. Bead Happy!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Anonymous said...

Thanks girls! Though I have to admit that since I took the photo my blue box has grown a little. How on earth did that happen? Lol!

Liz x