Sunday 9 May 2010

5th Goal (Liz)

I was putting some things away yesterday when I came across a box, tucked away in the corner of a cupboard. A little cardboard box that was stuck down with tape and felt suspiciously heavy for it's size. I had absolutely no idea what was inside so feeling a bit confused, but also a little bit excited, I carefully opened it...


...and look at the hoard I found! Sesame jasper, citrine, blue lace agate, peridot, sodalite, little agate pendants, sets of fans, and loads more that I don't know the name of. I had bought them in a Beads Direct sale some time ago and they were a fabulous bargain, but how tragic to put them away and then completely forget about them.

My goal for this week is to use some of these gorgeous peachy/orangey beads from my little treasure trove, which I think might be red aventurine. I don't normally use this colour so it'll be interesting to see what I can do with them.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, what a lovely treasure to find! Can't wait to see what you make!

Clair said...

That's like finding a £10 note in the pocket of a coat that's been hidden away all summer. The beads all look glorious so I'm sure you'll be having some fun this week!

DVArtist said...

Great find. Love it when we find dust covered boxes filled with treasures. Anyway mine are dust covered. LOL
Happy day
Nicole/Beadwright